Monday, June 20, 2011

First Recap.

Not that we really need one, but here is the first recap.

PLOT RECAP
So far, Quennel has beaten the first three gyms and lost no pokémon while doing so. He has beaten his rival, Lucius, twice now. He is about to depart from Goldenrod to Ecruteak to, among other things, see Bill and challenge the fourth gym.

BATTLES
Here are the major battles in this chunk.
Lucius 1 (Cherrygrove)
Sprout Tower Sage
Johto Gym Leader Falkner
Rocket Exec Proton 1 (Slowpoke Well)
Johto Gym Leader Bugsy
Lucius 2 (Azalea)
Johto Gym Leader Whitney

LUCKY/UNLUCKY CATCHES
Here are some criteria for lucky:
-Low encounter rate (not necessarily lowest on the route, but lower than other pokémon or really low with a lot of possible pokémon).
-Useful pokémon. Self-explanatory.
-Not horrible nature/ability.

Unlucky criteria:
-Low encounter rate, especially if it was lower than a preferred pokémon.
-Useless move pool at catch.
-Type compared to pokémon I have and pokémon I could have gotten.
-Something I already had, particularly if it has a similar or worse nature/ability.
-Something with a horrible nature/ability

Lucky
-Jenna. 39% chance to find Zubat compared to Geodude's 60%. Maybe she isn't the most useful pokémon yet, but I already had a Geodude and, at higher levels and evolutions, the Zubat family kicks major ass. (SPOILERS: Jenna is not an exception to that rule.) Plus, this nature is better than the nature of my Crobat from Pearl!

Unlucky
-Wayne. Considering I could have found a Mareep, a Wooper, an Ekans or even a Bellsprout (who would have certainly been better...), a low level grass type with no damaging moves (when I picked the grass starter) is certainly an unlucky catch. Then again, I could have avoided this (and had the chance for a Wooper) had I gone at night, but I thought the 80% chance to get something useful (since Bellsprout can be, oddly enough) was enough not to worry about the 10% chance to get this.
-Pierre. Heracross would have been grand, but even a Spearow with a non-crappy nature would have been preferable. Or an Aipom with ANY OTHER NATURE! It seriously boosts the one stat Aipom will never use to reduce one stat Aipom will almost always use. What the hell!
-Randal. I am not a fan of Drowzee's anyway...and at this point, I had both Silver and Luna with psychic move potential. However, the unluckiness is chiefly due to its nature preventing me from doing anything useful with it since...well...it is exactly like Pierre's nature.
-Larten. Sure, the nature is better, but it is still a Drowzee and a redundant one at that. Also, consider this: I was not really expecting to hit the 10% chance Abra or the 1% chance Yanma (though either one would have been nice)...but the 60% chance of a Nidoran (30/30) kinda trumps the 20% chance for a pokémon I already had and never use.

DEATHS
None yet. Woo.
Also, expect this to be made into a full page at some point...though it will be after the deaths happen in the story, of course.

CURRENT TEAM

Timas - Bayleef - Lvl 20 - Miracle Seed

Gideon - Pidgeotto - Lvl 20 - No item

Cecelia - Geodude - Lvl 20 - Hard Stone

Bella - Beedrill - Lvl 21 - Shell Bell

Jenna - Zubat - Lvl 20 - No item

Silver - Togetic - Lvl 20 - Soothe Bell

Descriptions and box pokémon can be seen on the Story Pokémon page until the next update.

PREVIEWS OF THINGS TO COME

Lucius glared at me. "You know, out of desperation, weak people sometimes do okay at fighting back. I guess that's all there is to it." He looked down at the beasts again. "You would never be able to catch one of them anyway. They are too strong, too powerful, too...malicious for you." With that, he walked off. I caught Jenna glaring back at him. She then started to glow...


"This place gives me the creeps," Bella said, coming closer to me.
"Yeah," I said. "It is just plain odd. All these statues and symbols...and those weird creatures that attacked us..."
"They were Unown," came a voice from behind us. It was a scientist who worked here. "They came because you solved the puzzle. They came because they believe you have some sort of otherworldly power."
"But he doesn't," Bella said. "No one has otherworldly power."
"They do..."


Jasmine looked at me. She was almost begging. "I have to stay with him. But you can go. So I need you to get me that medicine."
"You can count on me," I said as I waved to her and ran off. "I'll save that Ampharos. I won't let it down." I paused and muttered to myself, "This is for you, Victor."

No comments:

Post a Comment