Friday, May 20, 2011

(Another...) NEWS BULLETIN

Hey everybody. I just wanted to tell you all about some things.

First of all, I am working on chapter 10. It is a bit difficult, mainly because all the events in Goldenrod (not that I have even gotten there yet in writing) are proving difficult to split up for pacing reasons.
On that note...I am still on the hiatus, chiefly because of the plethora of flying-types I still have and not knowing what I want to do. I think I have come up with a reasonable solution, but it will have to wait anyway since it relies on one of my (newly caught) pokémon learning a move that it will not learn until 29 (so guess away, if you wish...). I can assure you though, I will likely have a huge party change in between Morty and Chuck (or right before Morty [or both]) and another in between Chuck and Jasmine, chiefly because one needs certain pokémon for certain things and my plethora of flying types could (probably) safely destroy Chuck. Anyway, I am still using the hiatus to try and party plan, not that I can plan well around the possibility of pokémon fainting...
However, the hiatus will forcibly end after I write about the Goldenrod gym (and when this happens, I will take a break from writing this so I can get more than half a gym ahead...). The reason is simply because I cannot plan pacing if I do not. Since I haven't even trained for Morty yet, let alone fought him, I could, at best, put out four (very stretched) episodes before I would be at my current point. However, depending on what happens in training, the pacing could be off.
So here is the deal. At worse, I will stop after getting to Goldenrod and doing one or two specific things (such as visiting the department store or radio station or other points of interest in the city). At best, you'll see me beat the gym and maybe challenge Sudowood (again, depending on how pacing works) before going to Ecruteak. This would be between 1 and 3 episodes, probably two, before I go back to playing (and figuring out how the heck I am going to fit a certain pokémon or two into my party).

Another thing...no one ever responded about the party assessment thing, which is fine. I'll keep it as I had planned previously (which you'll find out when I use it again sometime in Goldenrod). However, I want to know how you feel about my fight scenes. For those of you who don't know, I am not a fan of writing fight scenes. I sometimes wish I could draw well simply so that I could write everything else, but draw the fighting. In this, I have tried to stick to a very straightforward and pokémon-esque approach. Do you like it, or should I make them more action-y? Or should I skip that and just give a base battle log or something? (If you choose that, know that I won't be able to fully start until the Morty fight.)

If you have suggestions, whether for the story, game or both, and want me to try to implement them, just ask and I'll see if it is feasible. For example, your suggestion could be "give pokémon x more screen time or pokémon y less," which would be something in the writing realm whereas a request like "train pokémon z" is in the game realm. Any would be appreciated and will be considered, though not necessarily followed.

Thanks and I thank you all for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment