Monday, May 16, 2011

Chapter 9 - Into the Woods

"So," Bella said as we were leaving the gym, "where to now?"
"Well, I heard that the charcoal man in town can give us the Cut HM, so we're gonna chat with him. But first, I think it is time to bring Timas back. Would anyone mind being in the box?"
"I'll go," Luna said. "Gideon and Silver can do for now and I'll be there if you need me."
"Okay. Thanks Luna."
"We'll miss you while you're in the box," Gideon said.
We went to the pokémon center to switch Luna for Timas, and then we went to the charcoal man's house. However, he simply spoke of his apprentice in the forest with his Farfetch'd, so I guessed it was time to head back there. We were interrupted by a familiar voice, however, when we tried to leave the town.
"Well if it isn't Quennel, the weakling."
"Hello Lucius."

"I heard Team Rocket returned. Do you know anything about that?"
"Well...yeah. They were making havoc in Slowpoke Well, but left after I beat their leader."
"After you beat their leader?" He started laughing, and then looked back at me. "Oh, you're serious. But how could a weakling like you beat them? No matter. I bet you can't even beat one of my pokémon!"
"Hey," Silver said, getting out in front of me, "no one, and certainly not some red-haired brat, insults my trainer and gets away with it."
"Silver," Timas said, "just stay out of this. You don't want to encourage him, after all."
"That's it," Lucius said, "no more playing around. Let's see just how tough you are."

He sent out his Gastly first. It used Mean Look on Silver, but he wasn't trying to escape. One hit with Extrasensory and his Gastly went down. He next sent out Zubat, another new addition. It used Supersonic to confuse Silver, but he refused to go down without a fight. Two Extrasensorys and his Zubat was down, even if it had confused Silver and made it flinch a time or two with Bite.
Finally, he sent out his Quilava, the evolved form of his starter. I had Silver take a rest while Cecelia went to mop the floor with it.

After having beaten him, he shrugged. "Team Rocket is a bunch of weaklings," he said. "They think they're tough, but they just use cowardly tactics. And I hate everything weak. That includes weak pokémon, weak trainers and Team Rocket." He looked me in the eye. "And you'll be no different if you get in my way." He then walked back from whence he came, presumably to heal his pokémon. I went that way to heal my pokémon as well, but he must have been quick, as I didn't see him.
Afterwards, we went to the forest and helped the charcoal man's apprentice. Both Farfetch'd had gotten loose and he needed my help to grab them. Afterwards, the charcoal man himself came and thanked me by giving me Cut (and his apprentice gave me a hunk of Charcoal as well). It was evening by the time Bella had learned Cut and we had hit the main part of the forest. I saw another woman in a kimono as we went through the forest. She looked as if she was lost.
"Can we help you?" Timas asked.
"I seem to be lost."
"I believe," Silver said, looking around, "that the exit is that way. We came from this direction and I think that path just loops around."
She looked around and then nodded. "Thank you." She then headed her way while we checked the path that looped around. On it, we found a man who was running at trees.
"What are you doing?"
"I am head-butting trees."
"And why," Timas said, "would anyone in their right minds do that?"
"It is great exercise, of course. Well, that and you can find hidden pokémon."
Silver looked intrigued. "Can I try it?"
"Of course you can!" And so the man taught Silver Headbutt.
"Where can we try this out?"
"Well," I said as we walked away, "if we go back to Azalea, we can possibly find a new pokémon to join us."
"Cool. Can we do that?"
"Sure."

Pierre, AIPOM (male)
Pickup; Modest (+Sp. Atk., -Atk.)
Lvl 8, Azalea Town.

With that out of the way (and our pokéballs from Kurt), we headed back into Ilex Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment