Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chapter 8 - Hive Badge

The next morning I prepared for a long day of training. "Okay ladies and gentlemon, let's chat." I had my party out and in front of me. "As much as we may love to do so, this gym we don't need to rely on Cecelia for the entire time. I want everyone to level 15 before we take on that gym leader. Gideon and Luna - you two will have to be ready, because I hear this leader has three different pokémon and, if all goes well, you two will join Cecelia and each tackle one."
"But...I just learned Uproar," Luna said. "I don't know Tackle anymore."
"Yeah," Jenna chimed in. "And wouldn't you want them to use their super-effective flying-type moves anyway?"
"Gals," Gideon said, "I am pretty sure he meant tackle in the figurative sense."
"Oh..." they said (in unison).
"Yeah, that makes more sense now," Luna said. Jenna nodded.
Silver took a moment to look at me. "Your team isn't always the brightest, is it?"
"Well yeah," Luna said. "Timas did just forget Flash, so of course we aren't bright."
*facepalm*

I first dealt with rounding off Jenna and Bella, since I wasn't planning on using them. Since Bella had learned Rock Smash, Union Cave was a great place to train. Jenna was easy to train as well once she learned Bite. After them, I focused on raising Silver a handful more levels. I figured I would round him off once I had beaten the regular trainers in the gym, but I wanted him to a usable level anyway.
After that, Cecelia gained a few more levels before Gideon, Luna and I stormed the gym.
Or, rather, tried to.

The floor of the gym in some parts had been removed. It was replaced by strands of "webbing" and odd, Spinarak-shaped vehicles were placed to transverse this webbing. We soon crossed and dealt with the trainers within. None of them provided us with any real problems - Gideon Gusted and Luna Pecked until we had dealt with them all except for Bugsy. They each still needed another level (and Silver needed a few) so we headed back to rainy Route 33 to round them off.
After finishing training Gideon and Luna, I switched to Silver. He went out and, after a few battles, he turned to me.
"You know," he said, "I think I'm really starting to get the hang of this."
"That's great," I said. "I'm glad to see that you are doing well. I hope you are enjoying yourself too."
"Of course," he said, "but it is more than that. I think I am finally understanding what Jenna said yesterday."
"What do you mean?"
"She was talking about how Bella and Cecelia fight because they both want to be there for you. And at first, I didn't understand that. I mean, I thought you were supposed to be here for us and that was about it...but now I understand. It is our job to help you in whatever way we can. Even if we can only learn a few HMs, that is still helping you. And I finally understand that it is about more than just fighting for you, be being there for you, appreciating you, accompanying you, being your friend. I finally get it." As he said that, he started to glow. His head raised up from his body and he grew a neck. His body grew larger and his feet became more profound, as did his arms. He sprouted wings and finally stopped glowing. His shell had now become a part of his body, pattern and all. He looked much stronger and and capable now.
"Hey," he said, "I just evolved."
"Indeed you did."
"But...umm...how..."
"I think you must evolve based upon our relation."
"Ah. But...um...I do have some bad news for you."
"And what might that be?"
"Judging by these wings...I think I am another flying type."
"It could be worse..."

It was finally time to challenge Bugsy.
We entered the gym and rode the spiders to him. He saw our determined faces as we neared him and greeted us joyfully when we arrived.
"Welcome to my gym. I hope you enjoyed the ride getting here, but beating me won't be as easy as riding those spiders."
"Don't worry," Cecelia said. "We would hope as much."

The battle started with Bugsy sending out his strongest first, his Scyther. I, of course, did the same by sending out Cecelia, who took him out with one throw of a rock.
Next he sent out his Butterfree, so I sent out Luna. She took him on happily as she Pecked Butterfree away. Finally, I sent out Gideon to face his Beedrill. His Beedrill, however, was not as prepared as we and fell quickly to a few Gusts.

The battle was over and Bugsy looked at me happily. "You certainly fought a very good fight, so I have no regrets in giving you this Hive Badge!" He handed it to me and then pulled out a TM. "And this," he said, handing me TM 89, "is a favorite of mine. It is U-Turn, which allows your pokémon to come back to you after attacking."
"Thank you very much."
"By the way," Bugsy said, "thanks for taking care of Team Rocket. Where are you headed next?"
"I figure that we'll head through the forest to get to the next gym."
"Okay. Good luck."
"Why do you say that?"
"The next gym leader...well...she is not an easy fight. Not by a long shot."
"Oh joy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment