Friday, May 6, 2011

Chapter 6 - Team Rocket Appears

"Before you go," Falkner said as we turned to leave, "you may wish to know that the next gym is to the south in Azalea Town."
"What type might we find there?"
"I know not. All I know is that I need to heal up my pokémon and train harder for my next challenger."
As we left, I got a call from Professor Elm. "Hey Quennel," he said, "do you remember that egg that you delivered to me from Mr. Pokemon?"
"Yes, I think I do..."
"Well, we would like you to keep it with you. It should hatch and then we can see what it is!"
"Okay...so should I head back to New Bark Town?"
"No, I sent my aide your way and he will give you the egg. He'll be in the pokémart."
"Okay." I hung up the phone. Cecilia looked up at me.
"Instead of this badge, can I keep the egg?"
"...why?"
"Meat shield."
"No."
"But..."
"The man said no," Bella said. "And besides, you are my meat shield. And meat shields don't get other meat shields."
"Aww..."

As we headed to the pokémart, Bella poked me in the stomach, asking if I knew what it was.
"He has no clue,"Timas replied for me. "We barely got a glimpse of it. It was wrapped up in an odd spotted tarp or something."
When we got to the pokémart, Elm's aide happily handed us the egg. It was white with some odd red and blue spots and circles.
"Or maybe," I said to Timas, "it was not wrapped up but merely just odd looking."
"Whatever..."

We exited the shop and saw a woman in an odd-looking (but very ornate) dress. She spotted the egg in my arm and began to mutter, but I couldn't catch most of what she was saying.
We hit Route 32 at about midday. Some grass was by the entrance and I searched for a new friend.

Wayne, HOPPIP (male)
Leaf Guard; Calm (+Sp. Def., -Atk.)
Lvl 6, Route 32.

"Well...I don't think we'll be using him either."
"Hey," Bella said, getting a bit distracted, "what is that?"
A Mareep hopped out and Bella took it on and won (her first solo fight). We continued down the route, finding a few trainers and battling them. When we got to the south end of the route, we found a pokémon center and a man outside. He was selling Slowpoketails. How very disgusting...
I didn't even hear the price before telling him no. After healing the party, we went into cave just south of the center.

Justin, RATTATA (male)
Guts; Lax (+Def., - Sp. Def.)
Lvl 4, Union Cave.

Inside the cave, we saw a variety of odd people. The hikers were certainly expected...but there were people dressed up in bright red and yellow suits. They called themselves firebreathers and they used interesting fire and poison-type pokémon. There was also a guy in a green costume that looked like some sort of green Charmeleon. He called himself a collector. None of us were sure about these guys, so we sped out of the cave and onto the rainy Route 33 as soon as we could.

Cyrus, EKANS (male)
Shed Skin; Lax (+Def., - Sp. Def.)
Lvl 7, Route 33.

We saw a well on the edge of town. Two men were talking in front of it. One was an old-ish man dressed normally, but the other looked to be dressed in all black. He spoke of something called Team Rocket and said something about them coming back to pursue Giovanni's ambitions. The old man ran into town and the man clad in black stood guarding the well.
When I entered the town, I heard people talking about these Rockets. I could tell that the one blocking the well was a member, for more of the black clad hoodloms were dotted around town too, blocking the gym even. I heard one man say that someone named Kurt could stop them. I decided to find him.
As I walked to Kurt's house, Bella chatted with me. "Didn't that one guy in Violet City say something about a Team Rocket?"
"Yeah...something about them being disbanded."
"Hmm...I guess he was wrong."

We got to Kurt's house and he informed me that he would indeed handle it. He said that he would go to the well and discover what was going on, but he wouldn't mind my stopping by as back-up.
As I followed him to the well, I got a bit distracted. The egg Elm had given me was hatching.

Silver TOGEPI (male)
Hustle; Careful (+Sp. Def., -Sp. Atk.)
Recieved in Violet City.
Hatched Lvl 1, Azalea Town.

Elm called me again. "It hatched, didn't it?"
"What the...how the heck did you know?"
"I have a sixth sense about these sorts of things. Anyway, you should bring it to my lab so I can see it and make sure it is healthy!"
"Umm...I'm kinda in the middle of something...can it wait?"
"Well...I would rather it didn't, but I guess it is your choice."
"Okay then, I guess I'll just finish up my..."
"But you should come here soon anyway. I'm sure your other business can wait."
"And if it can't?"
"Well...I'm sure it can. And I have a reward for you too..."
"FINE! I'll drop everything and follow your bidding!"
"Thank you." He hung up.

"You know," Timas said, "you really yield too much."
"Shut up before I find another Flash TM to use on you."
"But I just forgot it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment