Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chapter 5 - Zephyr Badge

"Hey Quennel," Bella said as we left Sprout Tower, "I have a question."
"Yes Bella?"
"Well...what are you going to do if we meet any ice types?"
"Why do you ask?"
"Well...you have 7 pokémon and 5 are weak to ice."
"Hey," Cecilia butted in, "I am not weak against ice."
"Learn a rock-type move," Timas said. "Then we'll talk."
"As you were saying Bella?"
"Well...the two who aren't weak are Spook and me. You said you don't like Spook's nature and...well..."
"What?"
"I'm...I'm not that useful, am I?"
"Stop right there," I said.
"Yeah," Timas said, "don't think such things. You evolved, so you should be happy. Right?"
"Well...I guess...but I don't feel that useful."
"Nonsense," I said. "You can be very useful. You'll be a valuable pokémon."
"Yeah," Timas continued. "And, if nothing else, you can be a partial HM slave."
"Speaking of which," I said, opening my bag and grabbing my new TM, "you, Timas, are the only one in the party who can learn flash..."
"Oh, you wouldn't dare..."
"My friend, you would be surprised about the things I would dare to do."

I got all of the team out. "Ladies and gentlemon," I said, "we must train before tackling the gym. Even though I doubt I will use any of you other than Cecilia, I want you all ready, just in case."
I received a handful of nods and we got to training.
I quickly set about preparing the party. Luna and Gideon went back to Sprout Tower while Timas (and Spook) trained a bit in Dark Cave. Bella needed little training, as did Jenna, but they did their minimal training outside of Dark Cave. Meanwhile, Cecilia and I were preparing for the gym by battling near Cherrygrove. We finally were prepared, so Cecilia and I went in.

"My," she said, "look at the platforms up there..."
The gym had an empty floor and a small elevator leading to a raised pathway on which stood trainers and the leader. We hopped on the elevator and went up to their level.
"Look, there is a transparent path bordering the main platform," Cecilia pointed out. "We could skip all the trainers."
"But think of all the hard work they put in preparing for this! Wouldn't we just be disrespecting them if..."
"Oh shut it. You just want the experience from them."
I paused. She looked at me and I looked back at her.
"Yeah..I just want the experience."
"Well, me too. So stop gabbin' and start battling!"

And we did. And Cecilia destroyed. We soon made it to Falkner after disposing of the other two trainers (and after Cecilia learned Rock Throw).
"Welcome to my gym," Falkner said. "I inherited it from my father." He appeared to look of into the distance for a moment. He then looked back to me. "People say that electricity clips the wings of Flying-type pokémon. I simply will not allow such insults to my pokémon."
"Hey dude," Cecilia said, "I am a rock. How about that?"
"So shall we battle?"
"Can you even hear me? Can you even see me?" She looked at me. "Does this guy even see me?"
"I think not..."
"Then can I kick his ass?"
"Sure Cecilia..."

And kick his ass she did.
His Pidgey stood no chance against Cecilia and Pidgeotto fell quickly as well.

"Well...I cannot believe I let my father down."
"Now will you teach one of your pokémon Steel Wing?"
"Hey," I said, looking at Cecilia, "don't give him suggestions. We may have to fight him later."
"As proof of your victory, you get the Zephyr Badge. And this TM." He handed me a new TM. "This is Roost. It let's your flying-type pokémon take a rest and gain some health."
"Well, that's great for me..." Cecilia muttered.
"Hey, it might be nice for one of the three flying-types..."
"Of which I am not one."
"Oh hush. You got a bunch of experience. Isn't that enough?"
"Well, since you asked, NO!"
"Fine. Keep the shiny badge too..."
"Ooohhh...shiny..."
"My goodness..."
"Don't worry, it could be worse," Timas said.
"How?"
"We could ALL be like this..."
"True..."

No comments:

Post a Comment