Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another few polls, starting info and place checklist.

WELCOME TO THE BLOG!

The following presupposes you read the other post...


So, the (two) votes are in and I have decided to disregard them both and go with Soul Silver as my game choice. Why? Because I am halfway through a Fire Red game I do not want to restart and Pearl has no good stopping point.

Again, the Nuzlocke challenge is one where I can only attempt to catch the first pokémon I see on a route and any fainted pokémon is considered dead and must be released or permanently boxed.


But first, I have a few more polls for anyone who will be reading the adventure.

1) What should my character's name be? And any requests for my rival's name?

2) Do you want a running checklist of caught pokémon?

3) Do you want a current standing at the end of each update (or a current standing period) that would display how many pokémon I have lost or anything else? If so, understand that it will contain vague spoilers.

4) What should my character's outlook on the world be? Should I be innocent or hardened? Should I be knowledgeable or naive? Basically, how should my character view the world and the pokémon within it?


Feel free to answer any and all of these. Oh, and one last one...

5) Are there any pokémon that you want me to give a specific nickname if I catch (gender or personal feelings may cause me to override this one...)? I will be willing to accept these at any time during my play through, provided I still have the chance to catch one.


And now for some starting info...

I have decided what starter I am choosing, though you won't find out until I post it.


A couple of things...

I may or may not choose to do the bug catching contest. If I do it, I can, of course, only catch a pokémon in it once (the first time) and then only the first pokémon. But I may decide to do that instead of going for the pokémon that would regularly be in the national park. It is, however, a great way to train fire or flying types, so I may still enter more and just not catch anything for grinding purposes.

Any roaming legendaries that I happen to encounter first on a route will not count. In my last play through, this DID happen with Entei on a route, not that it mattered, since I would have just missed catching a Meowth. However, on the off chance that it prevents me from getting something actually useful, I am stating this now.

I can catch pokémon in towns. There are three ways for me to do this -- surfing, fishing, and head-butting trees. Of course, only the first pokémon I run into via any of these manners combined counts. But I am going to try for a Herracross via head-butting trees, and this is the way I got my Poliwrath (then a Poliwhirl, I believe) in my last play through.

I said it before, but I will repeat -- no transferring pokémon or trading pokémon in any way. The only time I can is for trade evolutions, which are few and far between. This means no Pal Park or anything of that nature.

Hoenn sound and Sinnoh sound (radio stations that allow me to catch pokémon from either of those two lands) are not allowed, even after the national pokédex, peroid.

And of course, pokémon I run into before I get pokeballs do not count as pokémon I can catch.


The plythrough ends after all of the following have happened (and the plan is this order):

Beat Elite Four first time

Beat Blue (meaning I had to have 15 badges first)

Refight every gym leader

Refight leveled up Elite Four

Fight Red


And now, a place checklist. Please inform me if I am missing anything...

NOTE: Some of these may be split. For example, there may be outside and inside of Mt. Silver or both parts of Dark Cave. Or there may not. This is to be determined.

JOHTO

New Bark Town

Route 29

Route 46

Cherrygrove City

Route 30

Route 31

Dark Cave

Violet City

Sprout Tower

Route 32

Ruins of Alph (so skipping until later in hopes of a Natu...)

Union Cave

Route 33

Azalea Town

Ilex Forest

Route 34

Goldenrod City

Route 35

National Park

Route 36

Route 37

Ecruteak City

Tin Tower

Burned Tower

Route 38

Route 39

Olivine

Route 40

Whirl Islands

Route 41

Cianwood City

Cliff Edge Gate

Route 47

Cliff Cave

Route 48

Safari Zone (and all its different zones - I do not know if they technically count as one or many)

Route 42

Mount Mortar

Mahogany Town

Route 43

Lake of Rage

Route 44

Ice Path

Blackthorn City

Route 45


KANTO

Route 27

Tohjo Falls

Route 26

Route 23 (No wild pokémon in this gen, methinks...)

Victory Road

Indigo Plateau (nothing here either...)

Vermillion (because I have to boat on over...)

Route 6

Saffron City (Don't think I can get anything here either...)

Route 5

Cerulean City

Route 9

Power Plant (First priority...)

Rock Tunnel

Route 10

Lavender Town

Route 7

Route 11

Diglett's Cave

Route 2

Pewter City

Viridian Forest

Viridian City

Route 22

Route 3

Route 4

Mt. Moon (Can you get wild pokémon?)

Route 24

Route 25

Route 8

Celadon City

Route 16

Route 17

Route 18

Route 12

Route 13

Route 14

Route 15

Fuchsia City

Pal Park (Yeah...no...)

Route 1

Pallet Town

Route 21

Cinnabar Island

Route 20

Seafoam Islands

Route 19

Route 28


JOHTO

Mt. Silver


END LIST

No comments:

Post a Comment