Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chapter 2 - Lucius

It was midday when I finally headed out of Cherrygrove. Or, rather, it was midday when I tried.
The boy I had seen earlier had just entered. The red-headed boy from outside Elm's lab. The one who had told me to buzz off.

This was going to be trouble.

He saw me immediately and scoffed at me.
"Weakling."
"What?"
"You are weak. I can't believe the old coot gave you a pokémon."
"...Excuse me?"
"You heard me. Now get out of my way. I have business."
"I'm afraid I can't let you do that."
"Then I'll force you out of my way." His hand reached for a pokéball on his belt and he let loose his pokémon. I recognized it as one of Elm's - the fire type he had had.
"Cyndaquil," the boy said, "let's go."
"Timas," I said, readying my pokéball, "time to teach this punk a lesson."

The fight was over quickly. While his pokémon may have been chosen in an attempt to outmatch me, he lacked the experience that Timas and I had. Our short journey had more than prepared us for the likes of him.
After he lost, he scoffed some more. "Maybe you aren't as weak as I thought. But it doesn't matter." He looked up at the sky and something fell from his pocket. He didn't notice. "I'm going to be the greatest pokémon trainer the world has ever seen. No one will be able to beat me then. Not even you."
He began to walk away and I stooped down to pick up what he had dropped. It was his trainer card. He glanced back and saw me. He quickly came back. "That's my card. Give it back!" He grabbed it from my hand and muttered something about his name.
His name...Lucius.

"Well," said a voice behind me, "I don't mean to be rude, but that guy was a jerk."
I looked behind me and saw that I was alone...except for Timas. He was looking at Lucien's trail. "I mean, you said he was a punk, but I think jerk is more apt."
"...Timas...did you just talk?"
"Yeah. You surprised?"
"Well...um...kinda."
"You can talk."
"Yeah."
"Then why are you surprised that I can talk?"

This was going to be a very long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment