Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chapter 4 - Bella and Jenna

I trained my new friends all day. Cecilia was really easy to work with and Gideon wasn't bad either, but Bella had some difficulties. She only knew harden, and that wasn't that helpful. But she was spirited...in her own way.
She didn't mind going out first, just because she knew she was still helping while setting herself up to be more powerful.
She also enjoyed seeing the cool new pokémon.
Well, cool if you consider a Rattata cool.

As I headed further up route 31, I saw that the pokémon battle that was blocking the road was now done. In fact, the losing trainer beckoned me over for a battle, hoping he could win against me.
He was wrong.
As was the winner of the previous battle, who then challenged me afterwards.
I continued on the route and got to the next route as night hit. I figured I would check and see if I could find anyone new. Turns out I could.

Luna, HOOT-HOOT (female)
Insomnia; Docile (N +Def., -Def.)
Lvl 4, Route 31

With my newly acquired friend, we kept up training and soon found a cave. It was dark, pitch black, so Timas suggested we explore it later. First, however, we did meet a new friend.

Jenna, ZUBAT (female)
Inner Focus; Docile (N +Def., -Def.)
Lvl 2, Dark Cave

Training the new gals took quick priority, and, thanks to an unwitting bug catcher (who gave me his phone number for some reason...), they were soon up to speed.

As I entered Violet, I saw Lyra. She handed me the Vs. Recorder, telling me I could record certain fights for posterity. I felt like she had something more to say, but her Marill wanted to race and so she had to chase it as she left.
When I got to the city, I healed my party before exploring with Bella at my side and Timas at my other (and Jenna following around in the air). We saw the sights, though we were not allowed in the gym until bested "the Sprout Tower test," and we soon saw an odd man.

"Help, you need? Make pokémon strong, you want?"
"Yes," Bella said. "Yes, we do!"
"Follow me, you should then."
He led us to a school where he claimed to be the teacher. It was "Earl's Pokémon Academy."
He spoke to us for a while about certain things (all of which we knew) before allowing us to leave. We went and healed the damage his bad English had done to our brains. While in the pokémon center, a man who was chatting with someone else on the phone spoke about a group known as "Team Rocket." He said that they were disbanded a few years back due to some kid, and that it was good riddance. With some of the acts he said they'd committed, I felt he had a point.

And then we entered the tower.
Sprout Tower, as one of the sages explained, will never fall because of its swaying center pillar. I am not sure if I agree and Bella seemed truly concerned about it, but we pressed on.
We got to the second floor and Jenna wanted to explore some. She found a Gastly who procedded to put her to sleep. Luckily, Luna stepped in to give it a taste of its own medicine.

Spook, GASTLY (male)
Levitate; Impish (+Def., -Sp. Atk.)
Lvl 4, Sprout Tower

After waking Jenna up, we found that the sages were ripe for her picking. Their Bellsprouts stood no chance. Bella soaked up experience as well, and we soon got to the top, with the sages we beat not only complimenting us but informing us of the wonderful treasure we would find at the top.
When we got there, Lucius had already stopped by. He had just finished with the Elder.
"You are strong," I heard the Elder say, "but foolhardy. You must treat your pokémon with love and respect, no matter how strong they are."
"You are a fool," he muttered as he walked away. "Anyone who advocates being nice to pokémon, especially the weak ones, stands no chance of beating me. You included," he said, spotting me.
"You are wrong," I said.
"Only strong pokémon who can win matter," he said, exiting with an escape rope.

I walked up to the elder, who was healing his pokémon.
"Welcome," he said. "I am here to see how strong the ties between you and your pokémon truly are. I hope you shall not disappoint."
And the final test began. Jenna easily took down his Bellsprouts and, though she fell asleep a few times, the elder's Hoot-Hoot proved no real problem for Cecilia.
"You battle elegantly," he said after our battle, "and certainly should be able to stand up to Falkner, if not best him."
"Thank you sir."
"As a reward, have this TM."
"Thank you," I said, not even looking at it.
I began to walk away when Cecilia stopped me.
"You might want to look at your awesome reward," Cecilia said.
"Really? Why?"
"Just trust me."
I looked at it and saw my prize. It was TM 70, Flash.
"Dammit..."

As we left the tower, a Rattata jumped Bella and myself, but Cecilia took care of it rather quickly. Help was not needed, however, because Bella evolved before our eyes and was now a beautiful Beedrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment