Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

I was listening to the radio in my room. It was Professor Oak's show.
He was explaining about the wonderful world of pokémon in which we live. I don't know why, but it felt like he was talking directly to me.

My name is Quennel. And this is my journey.

When the show was over, I left my room and went downstairs. My mom greeted me. She gave me a bag in which I could keep things and my trainer card. She also gave me some weird stuff called "options" and "save." I am somewhat afraid to mess with them...
She told me Elm wanted to see me, so I headed out to see him. When I left my house, I was greeted by a pokémon. A Marill, owned by my friend Lyra, ran out to see me. Lyra followed, coming from Elm's house. She collected her pokémon and bid me good evening. I proceeded to Elm's place.

When I got there, I found him blathering on about how pokémon are special and amazing creatures, something I already knew. He siad that walking with a pokemon outside of its ball may have some interesting effects, so he wanted me to try it. I didn't get his drift at first, but he then spelled it out.
He told me he would lend me a pokémon to do an errand for him. His friend, Mr. Pokémon (no first name, I guess), had a discovery, but he was to busy to check it. He wanted me to do so. I picked the friendliest one.

Timas, CHIKORITA (male)
Overgrow; Gentle (+Sp. Def., -Def.)
Lvl 5, New Bark Town.

Timas followed me back to my Mom's house. She thought he looked cute (as did Lyra...hmm...) and she also informed me that my pokégear was back from the shop. I noticed an odd red-haired boy loitering outside of Elm's Lab, but he told me to buzz off and I did. I went to head out on Professor Elm's quest, but he stopped me first, wishing to give me his number in case anything happened. We set out (and Timas sneezed when we hit the new route).
Seeing as it was night, Hoot-Hoot's were rampant, but nothing Timas could not handle. We got to the next city over, Cherrygrove City, and and an odd old man, calling himself the Guide Man, showed me the pokémon center, the pokémart, the sea, and his house. He was fast, much faster than I, but he claimed it was due to his shoes. He then gave me a new pair like his. I went and healed Timas and bought some supplies at the shop (but they had no pokéballs, which saddened me). We stayed the night at the center.

In the morning, we headed north to find Mr. Pokémon. The Guide Man stopped me before leaving to load a map on my pokégear.
Shortly after getting on the new route, a Weedle poisoned Timas. We rushed back to the center to help him survive, and afterwards, he was glowing with health. There was a house nearby, but inside was not Mr. Pokemon. Instead, it was another man insistent on giving me stuff. This one gave me a box for Apricorns, aptly titled the Apricorn Box.
As I traveled the route, a kid noticed my shoes. He informed me that, while they are nice to make the going quicker, they also attract trainers and wild pokemon. I took the shoes off for a while, just to be wary, and, sure enough, the young man was right.

The path forked up ahead, but one side was blocked by a "big battle," so I took the other route. It was littered with wild pokémon, including Weedles and Ledybas (who were basking in the morning sun), but again, nothing Timas could not handle. We soon made it to Mr. Pokémon's house.
Inside, there were two men. One saw me right away. Mr. Pokémon, as he calls himself, gave me a mystery egg for Professor Elm. He said that it may well have been an egg from a pokémon impossible to find in the region, but, no matter what, Elm would know. The other man then introduced himself as Professor Oak. He gave me a pokédex and his phone number as well (what is it with older men and giving me items and their phone numbers?) before leaving for his radio show. Mr. Pokémon, dodging my questions about his first name, informed me that he would heal Timas for me so I could get back to Elm quickly. As soon as I left his house, Elm called and informed me that some sort of disaster happened and I needed to get there quick. I ran all the way back to Cherrygrove before taking a short rest before continuing to New Bark Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment